The achievement of the Master in Research and Preclinical and Clinical Developmentof Drugs allows the following career opportunities :
– CRO and pharmaceutical industries : for those holding a degree in Medicine and Surgery there are attractive career prospects in the Clinical Researches Direction that deals with the clinical development of drugs until their registration; in the Therapeutics Unit Direction, that in collaboration with the Marketing follows the development of products in various therapeutic areas; in Medical Management, responsible for all medical activities regarding medications before and after marketing and scientific communication .
– For graduates in other biomedical disciplines , from the initial functions of Clinical Research Assistant or Monitor responsible for monitoring clinical trials, who achieved this Master can move to positions of greater scientific content and management commitment, as responsible for the organization and management of clinical trials ( Clinical Trials Manager), as project leader (Project Manager), or as head of the management team (Team Leader) .
– Another important outcome is represented by Quality Assurance as Quality Assurance Manager, who is responsible for checking the quality of the studies and their conformity with the procedures and rules and laws.
– The safety of use of medications is now an important aspect of great public responsibility. In pharmaceutical companies and CROs and in large research institutions are now operating Safety & Pharmacovigilance Manager whose job is to collect all reports from active and passive pharmacovigilance, channeling information as is prescribed by internal procedures and by the laws .
– The complexity of the procedures for accessing clinical trials, especially in the field of international multicenter studies requires the presence of a Regulatory Affairs Manager, which will set up and lead all the necessary paperwork for the submission of applications for clinical studies, will follow the regulatory practices during the study and take charge of submission of applications for marketing authorization once the dossier of pre-clinical studies and clinical trials will be completed.
– More professional opportunities opened by the achievement of this Master are:
• Scientific secretary of the Ethics Committees with an in-depth knowledge of the laws to enable the examination of the relevant documents to be submitted to the Ethics Committee .
• Coordination of clinical trials at hospitals and IRCCS .
• In public organizations such as the ASL or the AIFA , the owner of the Master can be seen as the reference person for clinical trials .
Coordination and secretarial support of the Ethics Committee of a major ASL within which operate hospitals and research groups made up of general practitioners, pharmacovigilance groups, etc.